The holidays are rapidly approaching, and many people are filled with panic, because either they still have gift shopping to do or they just found out their dinner hosting duties now include having to deal with a rude extended family member.
While we can’t really help you with your family members, if you’re still in need of some gift ideas, take a moment to assess your gift giving goals. Do you want to give presents that mean something this year? If so, you’re in luck! Whether you are in Alaska on vacation or you’re a longtime local, make this holiday season one that your loved ones will remember with unique gifts from Arctic Travelers Gift Shop in Fairbanks, AK.
Here are some good reasons to visit our shop this holiday season:
- Original artwork: Our original, collectable works of art are made by local native Alaskans. These include hand carvings, beadwork, dolls for children and adults and jewelry. When you come into our shop, you can rest assured that you’re not going home with a mass produced product.
- Get a history lesson: Not only are many of the people of Alaska skilled at creating one-of-a-kind artwork, they are also passionate storytellers and purveyors of the culture and history of the Alaskan people. Get a cultural lesson from our staff and you will be able to tell the gift recipient fun facts related to the background of their unique present.
- Learn something new: Can you imagine being able to walk into a local store that sells authentic souvenirs and gifts and leave having been educated on the items that interest you? Imagine no more! Customer service is different up here in Alaska, especially at Arctic Travelers Gift Shop.
- Discover native cultures: Combine art and storytelling with knowledge and you’ve got yourself a rare opportunity to learn all about the native cultures of Alaska. Ask us anything you want to know about native cultures—like the Yupik people, Inupiat people or others you may have heard spoken of around town.
- Many gifts to choose from: If you’ve made the decision to get special and unique presents this year, then make sure you stop in at a truly authentic native Alaskan gift shop in Fairbanks, AK. From beautiful displayable artwork to traditional pieces that can dress up any home, we stock our store shelves with baskets made of bark or grass, walrus ivory carvings, lovely beadwork, handcrafted soapstone figurines, dolls made by Yupik and Inupiat Eskimos and caribou hair bags and belts. Your friends and family will appreciate the thought!
- Perfect for those interested in Native American art: For the Native American history or art fanatic in your life, a trip to Arctic Travelers Gift Shop in Fairbanks, AK is a definite must. Write down some interesting facts you learn from our team to include with your gifts as a little something extra.
While there are many reasons why you should bring us your gift list, coming by solely for the experience is reason enough. At our shop, our knowledgeable staff is more than happy to answer all your questions about the original, handcrafted items we sell. Need help finding a particular gift? Contact us today!
Categorised in: Gift Shop
This post was written by Writer